The new VOLT™ Continental is an exciting release from VOLT™. It's an electric road bike that comes with a 250W Bafang motor and offers one of the smoothest rides in the UK.
It's sporty design is primarily for smooth, fast and safe riding on Britain's roads. Integral to the design is the aforementioned Super High Torque motor which catapults this e-bike into a league of it's own.
With a 21" frame and 700c (28”) wheels the bike is more suited to taller cyclists. In addition to the motor and frame, the Continental is fitted with a 36v Standard Lithium Polymer battery which can achieve distances in excess of 55 miles.
There's a whole array of other high-spec components including RST lockout suspension, Ergonomic Velo handlebar grips, Shimano Alivio 8 speed gears and Tektro Safety "Power Cut" Brakes.
The Continental also features carefully considered tyres. The Kenda road tyres are lined with Kevlar to prevent punctures and have a specially manufactured grooved tread pattern to ensure good grip on the roads in all weather conditions.
As with all VOLT™ ebikes the Continental has VOLT™'s patented "V-Wave" Pedal Assist System (PAS) which allows the rider to use five different pedal assistance modes (0-5). The PAS is controlled via an LCD computer located on the handle bars. This computer can also control the acceleration speed and record journey details such as your speed and distance. You can also can also accelerate using the thumb throttle. V-Wave technology is used to control a number of features including running that powerful motor in virtual silence.
All the electronic and motorised components of the Continental are maintenance free which means the bike can be routinely serviced in any good cycle shop.
This Electric Road Bike combines high-performance with good ergonomic design and stylish looks and once you ride it you wont want to look at another bike!
Here's just a few features that come as standard with the VOLT™ Continental, see full specifications tab for a complete list.
- 250 Watt Bafang Power Motor
- Lithium Polymer Battery (the best electric bike batteries)
- Kingco 36v Standard
- Shimano Alivio 8 Speed Gears
- High Grade Reinforced Aluminium 6061 T6 Frame
- LCD Display showing speed, distance, battery power
- Tektro High Performance "Safety Power Cut" Brakes
- Quick release cables for easy maintenance
- V-Wave Intuitive Technology
- Throttle and PAS
- Spanninga Dutch Front and Rear Lights
- Guaranteed Quality Standards EN 15194 & EN14764 and also SGS guaranteed for further quality assurance
- UK designed and engineered
- 2 Year "full peace of mind" Warranty