Electric Bike Store Terms and Conditions
We hope you will find everything you need to know about the Electric Bike Store here, however, if you have any questions please call us on 020 7378 4728.
Please read the following information carefully prior to any purchase:
The following terms and conditions comply with:
THE CONSUMER PROTECTION (DISTANCE SELLING) REGULATIONS 2000 E-COMMERCE REGULATIONS 2002 Electric Bike Store’s Terms and Conditions:
General Conditions of Sale
- 1. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- 2. Orders can be accepted from clients throughout the world. Outside the UK additional carriage charges will apply.
- 3. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to refuse to supply goods you order.
- 4. By placing your order online with us you are agreeing to buy the goods at the price stated subject to our terms and conditions.
5. Business Customers:
Once a commercial order is placed, it is understood that this order is binding and cannot be cancelled. Commercial orders are produced specifically for the clients requirement, and require in-depth planning and significant upfront investment.
Production delays can occur due to external factors beyond our control, therefore it is understood that delivery timelines are best endeavour based on reasonable estimates.
- 6. By placing your order with Electric Bike Store Ltd, whether online or via other method, you are confirming your acceptance of these standard terms and conditions.
- 1. Payment is accepted by PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, BACS, CHAPS or cheque and must be received prior to delivery of goods. Accounts are available for certain businesses, government bodies and educational establishments. Please call to enquire: T&C’s apply. Your credit/debit card will not be charged if we do not have stock or cannot fulfil your purchase. We will contact you immediately with an alternative offering or to confirm your details have been destroyed.
- 2. All products remain the property of the Electric Bike Store until payment has been received in full.
- 3. All prices include VAT. Electric Bike Store reserves the right to change prices at any time and without notice. All goods are subject to availability. If we do not supply the goods we will refund any money already paid or will contact you as per section (1) above. We will not be liable for compensation or damages if we do not supply the goods.
- 4. The price for the goods will be stipulated at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our suppliers’ price or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods on our web site is incorrect. We do our best to ensure our pricing is as up to date as possible, however, if there is an oversight we will inform you of the correct price and give you the option to cancel your order.
- 5. We only accept payments from UK registered cards. Cleared funds are necessary for clients outside the UK.
- 1. Carriage charges may apply for items purchased on this site. Any order below £100 will incur a £5 carriage charge. Orders over £100 will generally be dispatched for free.
- 2. No guarantees are given for next day delivery. Please contact us to discuss priority shipping arrangements if a delivery is urgent. Most of our deliveries, however, arrive next day as standard.
- 3. If an item is not available for immediate dispatch we will inform you and give you the option to wait until stock becomes available, choose a replacement product or cancel your order.
- 4. If items are damaged in transit, faulty on arrival or incorrectly shipped you must inform us in writing within 3 working days of receipt of delivery. See returns procedure below.
- 5. For personal orders we can only deliver to the address at which the card is registered. For business orders, even when paid on personal credit cards, we can deliver to the business address, or any address as long as we are making the invoice out to the relevant business.
- 1. If you find a product on a competitor’s website or in a competitor’s store cheaper than the same product on our website then we will not only match the price but we will beat it. The product must be current and available for general sale within the UK.
- 2. The product must be in stock with the competitor and available for immediate dispatch to the general public.
- 3. We will only offer our Price Promise on the overall price including VAT and delivery charges (total delivered price).
- 4. Offer does not apply to special order items, special offers, cash-backs, display models, clearance sales, reconditioned products, pricing errors and exclusive offers or limited quantity items.
- 5. Offer only applies to brand new products, originating from the UK.
- 6. Should a competitor’s price be a loss leader, or quoted by a competitor with the sole purpose of challenging the Price Promise (i.e. is being quoted at an un-commercial rate) then we reserve the right to refuse to beat the price.
- 7. We reserve the right to ask for written proof of a competitor’s offer before we beat the price.
- 8. We will only offer our price promise to customers once we have checked all applications. If we are satisfied with your application you will receive a price promise reduction. All price promises will be made at the Electric Bike Stores discretion and we can never guarantee a Price Promise.
- 9. The price promise cannot be used in conjunction with any other Electric Bike Store offer.
- 10. To apply for the Price Promise or call our sales team now on Tel: 020 7378 4728. The Price Promise is only valid at the time of placing your order and must have been agreed prior to you placing your order with us.
Suitability of Goods
- 1. We do not warrant the suitability of goods for a particular purpose, and you should check specifications and suitability before ordering.
- 2. Goods are not sold on a trial basis.
- 3. As a result of continuing product development the specification or design of goods may vary.
- 4. We are not liable for any loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss, financial loss, loss of profits or loss of use) arising from the supply of goods or their use.
- 5. Parts and accessories manufactured by 3rd parties, whether pre-fitted on bikes, or purchased independently, including but not limited to e-bike batteries, gears, brakes and motors are supported directly by the relevant part manufacturer, and any liabilities relating to these items are their responsibility.
All new Volt electric bikes come with a 2 year warranty* as standard. Ex-demo or ex-display stock will be offered with a reduced time warranty which will be specified at the point of sale. All Volt warranties are non transferable and are thus only applicable to the person named on the receipt at the point of sale.
The Volt warranty* covers the frame, motor, battery and both mechanical and electrical components.
The Volt warranty* is return to base. The warranty does not cover the cost of transportation to and from our service centre. We will repair free of charge anything deemed to be covered under the warranty.
The Volt warranty excludes damage or defects under the following circumstances:
- 1. Abnormal use, lack of maintenance, accidental damage, prolonged exposure to moisture or liquid as well as non-compliance with guidelines for maintenance and servicing as stated in the Volt manual that is supplied with each bike.
- 2. Damage caused by incorrect maintenance.
- 3. External factors such as electric shocks, lightning storms, current surges, short circuits, etc.
- 4. Damage caused by excess exposure to the elements e.g. rust caused by not storing bike in dry conditions.
- 5. Modification of electrical components or any modifications e.g. additions not included when purchased.
- 6. Damage caused by the addition of paint, varnish and bike graphics.
- 7. Wear and tear through normal usage of parts such as tyres, brake pads, brake cables, spokes, handle bar grips etc.
Servicing Your Electric Bike
It is vital that you regularly service your electric bike or your warranty will be compromised.
Your first service should be around 200KM just to check the spokes, brake cables, gear cables and lubricate the chain.
Then after this you should service your bike at 800-1000KM intervals.
- 1. Volt Bikes are warranted for 24 months with regards to batteries and mechanical and electrical components. This warranty does not include the misuse such as that which deviates from the instructions given in the operation manuals including but not exclusively, dropping the bike on to the handlebars, resulting in broken brakes or gears shifters, broken lights, worn brakes, punctured tyres, etc. The warranty also does not include damage to the battery if the manufacturer’s guidelines for charging, discharging and storing the battery are not adhered to.
- 2. All bike accessories are warranted by the manufacturer for 12 months unless stated otherwise.
- 3. If a product develops a fault within the warranty period the fault should be reported to the relevant manufacturer, who will then either replace the goods directly or carry out repair under the terms of your warranty.
- 4. The warranty for Volt Bikes is return to base. The warranty does not cover the cost of transportation to and from our service centre. We will repair free of charge anything deemed to be covered under the warranty.
- 1. We will only accept the return of faulty goods within 14 days of you receiving them.
- 2. If within 14 days of purchase you believe a product to be faulty you must call our customer services department within this period on 020 7378 4728 and you must also confirm your issue in writing, either by email or letter. Email: [email protected]
- 3. We reserve the right to refer you to the product’s manufacturer to confirm whether goods are faulty.
- 4. We generally require a manufactures valid “fault ref number” in order to authorise the return of faulty goods.
- 5. Once an item has been confirmed as faulty by the manufacturer we will arrange for the collection of the goods and will replace them directly for you or refund your credit or debit card for you.
- 6. Items returned that are found to be in full working order will be returned to you and cost of re-delivery charged to you. We reserve the right to charge a 20% handling fee should the goods be in full working order.
- 7. Goods thought to be faulty after 14 days from purchase will be dealt with under the terms of the relevant manufacturer’s warranty. Please call the manufacturer directly to log a warranty call.
Return of Goods
We will accept the return of goods from you only:
- 1. by prior arrangement (confirmed in writing),
- 2. on payment of an agreed handling charge (unless the goods were defective when delivered) and,
- 3. where the goods are as fit for sale on their return as they were on delivery,
- 4. and you have complied to the “Conditions of Return” on the “Goods Return Request Form”. And completed the “Goods Return Form” in full.
- 5. Any goods returned to us without prior authorisation or which are not in the condition set out above will be rejected and returned to you at your cost.
- 6. For business users the return of goods is entirely at our discretion.
- 7. We will endeavour to refund you as soon as possible after the goods have been satisfactorily returned to us.
- 1. Return of unwanted goods is entirely at our discretion.
- 2. We will only accept the return of non-faulty goods ordered online within 7 days of you receiving them. A restocking fee will apply to the return of unwanted goods. See GOODS RETURN FORM
- 3. Goods must be in an original, unused and resalable condition as per our “Conditions of Return” form, with the manufacturer’s packaging and boxes un-damaged, un-opened or defaced.
- 4. If goods are returned not in the above condition we will return the goods to you and charge for re-delivery.
- 5. It is your responsibility to ensure the safe return of the goods to ourselves. Once the goods have been received and their condition checked we will refund the cost of the goods using the card details from the original transaction minus our original carriage costs.
- 6. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason un-enforceable then that provision shall be excluded and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. Any disputes not resolved by the normal complaints procedure will be resolved exclusively in the Courts of England & Wales under English Law. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you.
Our company details are as follows:
Electric Bike Store
Axe & Bottle Court
70 Newcomen Street
Tel: 020 7378 4728
Email: [email protected]
Company Reg. No.: 07749104
VAT Reg. No.: GB 119 2731 21